Q: I have used materials, appliances and fixtures from a recent home renovation, can I donate them?
A: If you have materials, fixtures and appliances from a recent home renovation, it is best to donate them to Habitat for Humanity’s ReStore.
Q: The organization is sometimes referred to as NRFOV, why?
A: The organization was originally called Naperville Responds For Our Veterans. To be more concise and encompassing of neighboring communities, the orgination dropped the “our.” The organization is commonly now known as Naperville Responds.
Q: Is Naperville Responds For Veterans a new organization?
A: In some ways, yes. We’ve been around since 2009
Q: How was NRFV started?
A: Actually we began as a natural follow-on from our predecessor organization, Naperville Responds to Katrina. After completing 21 homes in Pass Christian Mississippi, many of the same Naperville area home builders, realtors and civic leaders saw the need to assist returning military men and woman from Iraq and Afghanistan.
Q: What exactly does NRFV do for the community?
A: We provide construction related home repair services for any veteran from any military conflict America has needed men and women to fight for our interests. With the assistance from our local Home Depot and other similar construction material companies, we repair or replace leaky roofs, windows or doors; build wheelchair ramps, widen doorways, and adjust counter top heights; remodel kitchens and bathrooms to make them all handicap accessible.
Q: What percentage of monies raised is used for salaries and fund raising efforts vs. going directly to the military personnel you support?
A: None of our board members received any monetary compensation. Together with our volunteers, we hold various fundraising events throughout the year. During our last audit, approximately 90% of all monies raised went to assist our military men and woman in various service projects. The other 10% paid for fundraising and promotional expenses.
Q: Are you a not-for-profit organization?
A: Yes, we are registered with the state of Illinois and the IRS as a 501(C) 3 organization.
Q: What geographies does NRFV serve?
A: All communities within a 20-mile radius of Naperville.
Communities NRFV Serves
ADDISON, AURORA, BARTLETT, BATAVIA, BELLWOOD, BENSENVILLE, BERKELEY, BERWYN, BLOOMINGDALE, BOLINGBROOK, BRIDGEVIEW, BRISTOL, BROADVIEW, BROOKFIELD, BURBANK, CAROL STREAM, CHICAGO RIDGE, CICERO, CLARENDON HILLS, CREST HILL, DARIEN, DES PLAINES, DOWNERS GROVE, ELBURN, ELGIN, ELK GROVE VILLAGE, ELMHURST, ELMWOOD PARK, EOLA, FOREST PARK, FOX VALLEY, FRANKLIN PARK, GENEVA, GLEN ELLYN, GLENDALE HEIGHTS, HANOVER PARK, HICKORY HILLS, HILLSIDE, HINES, HINSDALE, HOFFMAN ESTATES, HOMER GLEN, ITASCA, JOLIET, JUSTICE, LA GRANGE, LA GRANGE PARK, LAFOX, LEMONT, LISLE, LOCKPORT, LOMBARD, LYONS, MAYWOOD, MEDINAH, MELROSE PARK, MONTGOMERY, MOOSEHEART, NAPERVILLE, NORTH AURORA, OAK BROOK, OAK LAWN, OAK PARK, ORLAND PARK, OSWEGO, PALOS HEIGHTS, PALOS HILLS, PALOS PARK, PLAINFIELD, RIVER FOREST, RIVER GROVE, RIVERSIDE, ROMEOVILLE, ROSELLE, SAINT CHARLES, SCHAUMBURG, SCHILLER PARK, SHOREWOOD, SOUTH ELGIN, STONE PARK, STREAMWOOD, SUGAR GROVE, SUMMIT ARGO, VILLA PARK, WARRENVILLE, WASCO, WAYNE, WEST CHICAGO, WESTCHESTER, WESTERN SPRINGS, WESTMONT, WHEATON, WILLOW SPRINGS, WILLOWBROOK, WINFIELD, WOOD DALE, WOODRIDGE, WORTH, YORKVILLE